I WILL RISE

I WILL RISE
I feel like am constantly drowning in these dark waters. It's hard to remember how being on the
surface feels anymore.
I see the hills of light refracting in a hazy blur; the deeper I sink the further away the lights go.
I have struggled with these strong thick waves for years now, every step forward is followed by five steps backwards. 
I have no more strength to fight,
My will is gone,
my zeal is lost.
Is this my end? Won't you help me! Please help me Lord, i cried! With my eyes closing, slowly like a procession I sank deeper, face upward as the last glimpse of light faded away.
I’m sinking into the man I dread, into the man i'm not. I'm afraid i may never live up to who the creator has called
me to be from the alpha of time.
I know how to escape the shackles of these waters but the power to do so I do not have.
The anchor of guilt, cling in chains to my feet and hands pulling me deeper and deeper.
Is this my fault ? Was i careless, perhaps Nonchalant? Was i too weak? Am I beyond redemption? Is there hope for me?
I’ve been sinking for so long, I can’t even tell if I’m enjoying the darkness or just too weak to fight anymore. 
Oh,Lord remember your word, and Save me by thy grace.
Remember thou, thy loving kindness and be merciful unto me.
Save me, for my strength has failed me!
Alas, my strength is gone!
Lord remember your promises, remember me!




I WILL RISE 2
What’s going on?.........
Suddenly......................
As a slow beautiful song, thoughts filled my mind, as i remembered
his word “Hebrews 12:4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the
point of shedding your blood.” ,
I remembered the promise I made to myself to never give up this fight.
I may not have the power but God does, and so I'll keep asking, trusting, praying and fasting, till
His mighty right hand pulls me out and sets me on the rock to stay.
I fight no more with my strength but with His strength. I fight, not against sin but against fear, against doubts and guilt, that He loves me and He hears my cry.
Suddenly............. Like the Sun out of dark clouds,  energy  Surged into me,
filling my every being, my eyes shot open and with a loud scream...     I began to fight!  
The fight of faith.
I began to rise not caring how long or how hard it takes.
I will trust in Him and I will not be put to shame.
For i know that He, who has started this good work in me is faithful and just to complete it,
He will see me through till the end. 
The same God who didn’t abandon the three Hebrew boys in the fire, the same God who parted the red sea, the
same God who remembered Abraham, Hannah, and Moses is also my God!
Oh ye dark waters,of a sinful life, for so long, you chained me down with guilt and made a
mockery of my faith, kept me afraid and unworthy of being an ambassador of the light.
You pulled me back, with every progress I made to rise, 
You  constantly defiled my mind and Soul!.
But I will rise,  


I WILL RISE 3
Someday my eyes and heart will burn with a pure blue flame.
I will rise above this waters into the warm gold rays of the sun, rays of joy, peace, purity,
power, sound mind, righteousness and LOVE;
Yes,I will keep rising.
Someday, no longer will i look unto the hills for help
but I will ascend those hills and be one with my savior, my love, my creator.
in true never ending Koinonia.
I have kept him waiting, for long enough.
I will rise and prove to the great cloud of witnesses, that what the Lord spoke about me is
the truth and will come to pass.
I refuse to let down these patriarchs of old, who fought
this fight and came out victorious. I thank them for their support thus far; 
the pages of history are filled with their stories impacting generations after generations.
Someday, I will rise, so high above these dark waters, that I will wonder how I got there in the first place.
Someday, I will arise but I will not forget my brothers and sisters, even elders who I also met struggling in those waters
God bless them for even in their struggles they comforted and interceded on my behalf.
They made me see that a man who runs the race of life alone, may run fast but will not run far.
I will help spread nets of light and help pull them all out, help their faith for I was 
redeemed to redeem, saved to save.
Someday sin will bow to me and call me master,
because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
That someday starts Now!!. 
For “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Christ that loves us. 
The sufferings of this present time is truly not worthy to be
compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us and through us” (Rom 8).
Therefore I will not stop pushing, praying, trusting, loving, giving, serving his kingdom.
I will never give up,Never!!! 
Either I make it or I die trying! 
Oh, "you who answers prayers, unto you shall all flesh come” (Ps 65:2).
I cease to fight your will Father, Give me your grace; “For lo I have come in the volume of
the book, it is written of me to do thy will oh God” (Heb 10:7).
I will Rise, I will Rise, I WILL RISE!!!


By, Adeloye Joshua

The Pioneer.

Comments

Popular Posts